Top 30 SEO On-Page Optimization Techniques 2020
In this article, we will discuss the Top 30 SEO on-page Optimization Techniques in SEO on-page Optimization. Search engine optimization is used to rank our website on top of the search engine result page. In that SEO many on-page elements are used to increase the rank of our website. So this article discusses what are all the important on-page elements used to rank our website. Let’s dive into the topic.
What is a Search Engine?
- AOL Search,
How does Search Engine work?
- Calculating the Relevancy
- Displaying the Results on the Search engine result page
Read More: Which is the best Digital Marketing Course in Coimbatore?
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a technique that is used to increase the website rank on top of the search engine result page organically. It helps to increase the visibility (traffic) of a website on a search engine’s result page.
Why we use SEO?
Types of SEO
- White Hat SEO
- Black Hat SEO
- Grey Hat SEO
1. What is White Hat SEO?
- It is also called as Ethical SEO or Organic SEO.
- All the search engines accepted this technique only.
- White Hat SEO used websites are getting traffic as steady and long last.
2. What is Black Hat SEO?
- It is also called as Unethical SEO.
- Link Spam, Keyword Stuffing, Cloaking, Hidden links, and Hidden texts are some of the black hat SEO techniques.
- Black Hat SEO technique followed websites are banned or blacklisted by the search engines.
- Black Hat SEO technique followed websites are ranking on the search engine result page quickly only a short period.
3. What is Gray Hat SEO?
- Gray Hat SEO takes risks i.e. they follow both White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO techniques.
- It can be legal in some cases & illegal in some other cases.
- The Best Example for Gray Hat SEO is Doorway Pages, Gateway Pages, Duplicate contents.
Read More: Which is the best Digital Marketing Training in Coimbatore?
What is Keyword Research?
- Marketing – Single Word
- Digital Marketing – Two Word
- Digital Marketing Course – Three Word
- Top Digital Marketing Course Training Institute in Coimbatore – LTK
- Type of content used in the webpage. For example, the is based on promoting a brand, deliver information, sales, etc.
- Target Audience.
- Industry and Competition.
The following steps are used to do keyword research-
- Always start with seed keywords – The focus keywords that define your niche.
- Form long-tail keywords of your niche – The long-tail keywords are discovered more than three individual keywords.
- Generate more keywords – Put yourself in the visitor’s place and try to think about what keywords they would use when searching.
- Analyze the competitor website – Put the keyword in the search box and search for the keywords to know who are the competitors.
- Now you will check which keywords are the most searched and what is the competition level for those keywords.
- Finally, you can select the keywords best for your website.
Several paid or freemium keyword research tools are also available online to help search keywords. Some of the tools are-
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Auto Suggest
- Google Related Searches
- Keyword Permutation Generator tool
- Keyword Shitter
- Google Correlate
- Uber suggest Neil Patel
- Word Stream free keyword tool
- SEO Chat suggestion keyword finder
- Answer the public
What is on-page Optimization?
- Proper Keyword Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Client-Side Web Page Analysis
- Use keywords in the title, keywords, description, Favicon, link, headings.
Title Tag Optimization
- The title for each web page must be unique.
- Keywords must be present along with page names.
- The title should be at least 5 words or must be less than 70 characters including space.
- In the title, words must be separated by pipeline or comma or colon “|” or “,” or “-“.
Meta- keywords Optimization & Meta-description Optimization
- The Meta tags determine the relevancy of every website.
- So meta tags should be select carefully.
- The content should be unique for each page and must be relevant to that page.
- The website should be updated according to the time mentioned in the revisit tag.
- The character limit – for Meta keywords it’s 140-160 words and for Meta description, it’s 120-140 words, must be kept in mind.
Heading Optimization – H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6
- In HTML, there are 6 heading tags from H1 to H6 are used.
- The most important heading tag is H1tag and the least important heading tag is the H6 tag.
- Each page must have at least one H1 tag.
- H1 is used to highlight the most important keyword or title on the webpage.
Bold and Italics
- The hyperlink means an anchor text with a link.
- The clickable text used on the webpage is called anchor text.
- In SEO, these anchor text plays a major role that should be relevant to the page you are linking to.
- All the anchor tags title should be filled with keywords or the hyperlinks must be properly titled.
- The alt tag (alt attribute) is used to describe what the image is used in page or post.
- This alt text (alternate text) is displayed in place of the image when the image cannot be shown or has an error in loading.
- Hence, all the images must be properly tagged.
- We should use Keywords in the alt tag to maximize the visibility of the site.
- Should limit of 70 characters.
- Should not contain underscores.
- Should use important keywords in the URL.
- Favicon is the little piece of a graphic image that appears before the website title on the browser tab is called Favicon.
- Usually, the favicon is called a logo.
- If it is better of the brand or an image of your business than people can easily understand your business.
- Favicon creates brand awareness and trust in your business among visitors.
- All the search engine assumes webpages with URL-example.com and www.example.com as duplicate pages.
- This practice goes against the search engine guidelines.
- So, you should redirect these duplicate webpages to one standard URL-www.example.com.
- Now, If a user types URL- example.com, then he would automatically redirect to www.example.com.
- This process is called canonicalization.
- The Doctype tag on the webpage informs the search engine about the version of the HTML used on the page.
- The Doctype declaration used in the very first thing written in your HTML document, before the beginning of the HTML tag.
- Never use internal or inline CSS files because they will cause a delay in loading the website.
Web Speed Optimization
- Should avoid the use of Plug-in on your webpage.
- Should avoid the use of the flash files on your website.
- Should not use the Nested tables on your website.
- Never ever use inline styles on your website.
- Should use the gzip to compress the content size on your website.
- The Text-to-Code Ratio is the percentage of the web page content to HTML code.
- All the search engines prefer the huge amount of text on the webpage.
- If your webpage has more content then it is a better chance at ranking higher on the search engine result page.
- Text-to-Code Ratio should lie between 25-70%.
- Links means to connect the two things. In SEO, Links means to connect the two pages.
- Linking or Link building is one of the important techniques in the SEO industry. Because all the search engines are working in the concept of link building.
- Link or Link building is one of the major factors in determining the website rank.
- Links are classified into three categories.
Incoming links: –
W3 Schools Validation
- W3school is a one of the HTML,XHTML and CSS validator. It helps to find the HTML and CSS errors present on your webpage.
- The W3school validator returns the list of errors according to the type of web standard chosen on your website.
- It always validates your web pages before publishing it.
Sitemap File Generation
- HTML Sitemap – These files are made for the user. most of the website owners created separate HTML sitemap page on their website that helps easy understanding of user navigation. All the web pages are presented here in a hierarchical manner.
- XHTML Sitemap– These files are made for search engines, to provide them ease of crawling all the webpages.
- Most CMS website owners create Sitemap (.XML) using online sitemap generators. But the bloggers have a sitemap file in-built. There is no need to generate privately.
- There are several XML sitemap generators are available on the web. One of the most used sitemap generators is
Robot.txt File Creation
Custom Error Page Creation
- The link does not exist on the web.
- The page was removed or re-named from the web.
- The user made a mistake when typing the URL on the web.
- The website content should be unique, not copied from any website.
- The content should be relevant to the site and must be used more rich keywords.
- The content present on the web pages should be connected to each other. so that the visitor spends more time on the site and reads it.
- The title should be relevant to the webpage and should not be the same for every webpage.
- The site should not contain any broken links.
- The images and the anchor tag should be properly optimized.